Tuesday, February 7, 2012

JLPT again

The December JLPT didn't happen last year.  Well, it happened, but not for me: the planned concerted throwing-myself-at-the-books never really got going.  I might have a go at it this year; I notice that today is day 38 of the year and Sunday December 2nd this year is day 337, so I have 300 days, if I include what's left of today, to prepare for it.

I haven't been totally idle recently; been doing quite a lot of listening to Japanese radio stations and am starting to be able to spot verb endings and postpositions.  There's a hell of a lot more to listening comprehension than that, but it's a start.  If there's any one thing I'm likely to screw up in a language exam it's listening comprehension, so I know I really need to get cracking on this.

For all that I 'want' to learn Japanese intensively, I find myself not getting very much study done.  Thinking about what a fine thing it would be to have studied the language to a high level turns out to be more fun than actually doing the studying.  I know the ends that I want but the means are too much like hard work.  Khatz, of the excellent AJATT site, has a lot of useful stuff to say about this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment